|Capacity||1-2 rooms||1-2 rooms||3-4 rooms||5-8 rooms|
|Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)||7,200 lbs.||8,600 lbs.||11,500 lbs.||25,500 lbs.|
|Payload Weight||2,200 lbs.||3,100 lbs.||3,400 lbs.||12,000 lbs.|
|Clearance||8’ 6″||9’ 0″||11’ 6″||13’ 6″|
|Rear Door (Height)
Rear Door (Width)
|Load Ramp Width||NA||NA||2’ 3″||2’ 4″|
|No Wheel Wells|
|Dual Faced Mirrors|
|Tie Down Slats|
|Seat Belts / Seats||2||2||2||3|
|Fuel Tank||35 Gallon||35 Gallon||35 Gallon||55 Gallon|
|Lift-gate||Business use only||Business use only|
Choose the right truck size for your move!
Steps Involved In Renting A Moving Truck
There are various steps involved in renting a moving truck. You will have to determine the length of
the journey and the size of the truck.
Several truck rental companies charge a flat rate, which includes the cost of miles,
whereas other companies charge a rate covering all the necessary costs.
The process for truck rentals are as follows:
- Make reservations: You will have to enquire and make prior reservations with the truck rental company over phone or Internet
one or two days before your moving date. You will also need to reserve towing accessories, as they will be useful during the journey.
- Carry necessary documents: Submit necessary documents at the moving truck rental organization. The required documents are photocopies of
a valid driving license, credit card, and insurance proof. This is taken to determine that you are qualified and legally authorized to drive.
It is used for security and payment purposes, to check you are insured in times of emergency or accidents.
- Provide information of your journey: Provide information about your journey. Inform the moving truck rental company about the destination,
the time you will go to pick up the vehicle or the truck and the return time. You will also have to provide details to the truck rental company
about the cargo you load onto the truck such as office equipment and household items.
- Think about packing materials and moving supplies: Adhesive tape, cords, protection bags and packing cartons are easily available at the
moving truck rental office. You will have to purchase them before the start of the journey. In addition, purchase furniture pads, towing
equipment and hand trucks on rent.
- Payment of deposit: The process of the reservation requires you to make an initial payment in the form of deposit on the total cost. For
your convenience, you may also make the payment in full to the rental company.
- Check the truck you take on rent thoroughly: Inspect the rental truck closely before taking it away. Generally, the rental company will
provide you with a form known as truck inspection report. Make a note of existing damage and scratches on the vehicle or else you will be liable
to pay for it after returning it. Also confirm the correctness of odometer readings and fuel tank.
- Returning vehicle: Return the truck at the chosen location. Ensure to close the account and settle additional payments, if any.